Friday, November 18, 2011

Drama with supply delivery

So I used to recieve my shipment of pods, lancets, and test strips on the 13th of every month. Then it went to the 15th. I get a call on the 11th saying how Abbott the company that makes the test strips I use for my meter, is no longer going to make them. So they have to send me a new meter. Now the meter I have is like a all in one kind, where I test my BS and it communicates with my pod on the amount of insulin I should have or take.

When I put the test stip in the meter and test my blood, it will then say "Are you going to eat now?" If yes then I push the button for yes, it will then ask "How many Carbs?" So I put in the amount of carbs I will be eating and it will then suggest the amount of insulin I need, so I puck the ok button and it asks to comfirm, I push confirm and the it commuincates with my pod and says "Delivering insulin".

So now with having to use a new meter that does not commuincate with my pod, I have more steps that I have to take to get my insulin. Like I don't have enough going on in life already that I have to do for my diabetes.

So the 15th comes and goes with no delievery of my pods. I am wearing my last pod I have and it expires on the 17th at 10:22 am. Although I can wear it longer until the pod is at the end on the insulin it is holding.

So I wait and here is the 16th and still no delievery. I finally call the Omnipod company to get the number to the company that delievers my supplies. I explain to her what was going on. Now mind you, I am wearing my last pod and I am pregnant. The only other way to give myself insulin is my a suringe. Not a lot of fun and I have no clue how much to give because, I only have Novolog, which is a fast acting insulin and only should be taken when I eat. I have no long acting insulin that will help all day and all night. I have already suffered 3 miscarriages due to my blood sugar going over 200.

So the rep from OmniPod, calls the company who ships the suppiles. She comes back and tells me that they shipped it and said they tried to deliver it but no one was home, so it is sitting at the post office. She tells me to call the post office and make sure it is there and she will call me back in 10 minutes, so that if it is not there, she can see what she can do to get me some pod until my shipment comes in. So I call the post office and give them the tracking number. They can not fid it at all. The rep never called back, so I called the shipment company and explain all this to them. After about an hour on the phone with this rep, she says she will over night a new shipment and that if we find the other one to call back and so they can send me a return label and send it back.

So now the 17th rolls around and my pod starts beeping to let me know it expires at 10:22 am. So I hit the button for ok or else it will beep about every 10 minutes. The day goes by and still nothing. Oh and when I went to bring the kids to the end of the driveway at 6:55am to catch the bus for school, there is a box on front of the door. I think great my pods, nope, it was my new meter. So I wait all day and nothing, I finally call the company back and she tells me that they give the UPS until 7:00 pm and if they don't deliver to call back. This was around 5:30pm. About 15 mintues after the phone call the UPS truck shows up and I finally got my pods.

I just now got a phone call from the post office saying they found my shipment. it is 10:00 am on the 18th. 3 days after my shipment was supposed to here.

I have never had any problems with my shipments before and after this, I hope I never will again. I hate the thought of having to give myself shots and it is not fun at all, plus I only have 1 suringe, so I would have to re-use it with each shot.

Now that that drama is over with, I need to start cooking my Thanksgiving dinner as we are having it on Sunday due to Daniel's work schedule. I wish I could use my pregnacy to eat a ton of food, but the truth of it is that I don't eat as much as I used to before. So I can't use the excuse I'm eating for 2. I guess this baby does not want to be plump at birth, lol. It would be nice if she would stop using my bladder as her own personal trampoline. I feel like I need to run to the store to get a pack of Depends to wear now.

No comments:

Post a Comment