Saturday, May 18, 2013

Birthday Party

So today we are going to a birthday party for one of the kids who came to Sofie's party. I enjoy being around the people and love the food. We were suppose to go swimming today, but it's raining out. So a no go on swimming. I got my stitches out yesterday, ouch! It's nice being able to move my thumb like normal again. If I did not mention it before, I had trigger thumb. Last June I started to get a dull pain at the bottom of right thumb. I hate going to the Dr's so I put it off, thinking maybe I just pulled a muscle. Well it did not get better. I was laying Sofie down one night and laid her down wrong and she unbent my thumb which shot a sharp pain through it. I called the Dr the next morning. We did x-rays to rule out arthritis. Then I was sent to a hand Dr and found out I had Trigger thumb. I went last Weds for surgery to fix it. I could have done a steroid shot, but because of my diabetes, it may not have worked and I would have to wait 3-4 weeks to see if it did work. I did not want to wait, so opted for surgery. It's still a little sore, but at least I can un-bend it like before.

Well I have to go get in the shower and get ready for the party. Oh and so does little miss Sofia. Who is right now playing on the floor with little water toypedos, rubbing them in her hair. There is never a dull moment with her. I love watching her and am amazed at how smart she is. She truly lights up my life. 

I have an idea I will be working on for the Pods I wear. I have a lot of research to do on it and not sure what all I have to do. I tried to ask my son, but he tends to get anal anytime I ask him a question, like I should know all the answers to everything already so I don't have to bother him. So I guess I will be on my own for now. When I find out more, I will blog about it.


So..........
The birthday party was fun. I love the food!!! They had a whole pig, rice and beans, jicama (which I thought were potatoes with lard on it, lol but they were good), macaroni salad, a pork sandwich, cake and jello. They had 3 piƱata's for the kids and some games like musical chairs for the kids and adults. Sofie was a hit, lol. All in all, it was nice to be out and around other people and I always love trying new food.

No comments:

Post a Comment